Promotion of Red Tractor produce for the BBQ season
Consumers urged to use Red Tractor produce on the BBQ this summer.
Here is an extract from their press release:
"The Red Tractor BBQ Bonanza promotion launched this week runs for the next seven weeks! We hope you will get involved too.
With the barbecue season about to get underway, it’s an ideal time to remind shoppers within this key sales period, about the importance of choosing quality assured Red Tractor ingredients and encourage them to look for the logo on-pack.
From this week until mid-June, our national promotion will drive awareness and understanding of Red Tractor standards amongst consumers. It’s backed with a massive website, social media and digital advertising campaign, together with support from retailers, Red Tractor packers and backed by Industry stakeholders including AHDB Beef & Lamb, AHDB Pigs, AHDB Dairy and the NFU. Alex James our prominent and popular Red Tractor ambassador will be on the radio and feature in our PR campaign in May to further publicise our BBQ activity.
The promotion includes:
1. A massive on-pack promotion across nearly 1,000 product lines and 50m+ packs of fresh meat and poultry within Asda, Morrisons, Tesco, Aldi, Lidl and even Sainsburys!! Winning prizes are tickets to an exclusive VIP summer BBQ party, hosted by Alex James’ at his Cotswolds house, multiple Outback gas BBQs, BBQ cooking utensil sets and chefs aprons.
2. ‘Build a Burger’ app. Visitors to the Red Tractor website design their own perfect burger from hundreds of different ingredients. The best burger winner, as judged by Alex James, will win family tickets to The Big Feastival and see their creation made.
3. 49 days of social media (Facebook & Twitter). Daily competitions and prizes covering everything BBQ related. Prizes include food hampers, BBQs and retail vouchers, many of which have been donated by our brand partners.
Farmers getting involved
This campaign provides a huge opportunity for farmers to get involved too – it is their farm assured products we are promoting.
• Forward this email to all friends and family and get them to tell theirs too.
• Spread the word in local communities – tell the postman or village newsagent or the local pub landlord when next in for a pint and a chat. Get children to tell their classmates
• Promote our BBQ promotion and the Red Tractor website from their own facebook or twitter accounts (or get their children / family to do it if they don’t use them – they are a brilliant way to get to consumers and the public). The more people we can get sharing this information with friends the better – let’s try to get it to go viral
• Have a Red Tractor BBQ and take some photo’s. Share them with us via social media #redtractorbbq or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Let us know if you have any other ideas about how farmers can get involved
Many thanks for your support and help at this exciting time in the 2015 RED TRACTOR marketing campaign."
For more detail visit the Red Tractor website by clicking here